LDAPUserSatellite - Configure: Set the basic configuration for the LDAPUserSatellite
This view is used to change the basic settings of a LDAPUserSatellite.
- The (optional) title for this object
LDAP user Folder
- The LDAP User Folder this Satellite is
Groups Base DN
- The DN for the branch of your LDAP database that
contains group records. Groups embody Zope roles. A user which is
part of a "Manager" group will have the "Manager" role if the
LDAPUserSatellite is invoked for role manipulation during a
request. This is an optional setting and prevents one of two ways
to add roles to a user. See *Group Mappings" below for the other
Groups search scope
- Choose the depth for all searches from the
group search base dn. This setting is optional as well.
- Specify what kinds of events get logged. The different
log levels are:
- 0: No logging entries will be made
- 1: Catastrophes, like failures to connect to the LDAP server
- 2: Major Events, like LDAPUserSatellite property changes
- 3: Minor Events, like initialization after Zope is restarted
- 4: Authentication failures
- 5: Successful authentications
- 7: Authentication from cache
- 9: Debugging, includes extra debugging info
- Select how the LDAPUserSatellite operates. It can either
operate in a simple fashion where roles are manipulated based on the
rules defined in this LDAPUserSatellite, or in recursive mode where all
LDAPUserSatellite objects between this location and the root are called
and each one applies its own role changes so that a cumulative effect
is reached. Recursive operation is potentially expensive and should
only be used if you know what you are doing.
- Save your configuration changes.
- Group mappings are the second way to add roles
to a user in the context governed by the LDAPUsersatellite object.
This part of the configuration screen will show all existing mappings
as well as a form to enter a new mapping.
Adding a mapping means that if a user has the role specified by
LDAP Group the role Zope Role will be added if the user object
enters the context governed by this LDAPUserSatellite object.
Mappings only add roles. They never subtract roles.